Effective and Efficient leadership is undoubtedly one of the greatest areas of need in the church today. The 21st century church is also contending at a slower pace with a rapidly changing post-modern culture. The dearth of good leadership in the secular corporate environment also poses an added challenge for the church. The moral strength and character of the church provides a solid foundation on which to build a strategic global leadership framework for the future.
The subject of leadership has been an area of focus within the church community for many years and leadership training has accelerated worldwide along with the existence of several leadership seminars and conferences. In more recent years, there has been some synergy in the leadership training programs provided within the Christian community and the corporate environment. It is not uncommon for trainers in the secular world to be invited to train church leaders, especially in certain specific areas of focus, for example financial/business management, IRS/Tax compliance and so on.
The Redeemed Christian Church of God, North America (RCCGNA) is a growing missionary church engaged particularly in the planting of new churches (parishes) aimed at reaching local communities for Christ. The process of pioneering these new parishes poses a major leadership challenge to the Church. The RCCG worldwide over the years has developed an effective framework and structure aimed at training workers, ministers and pastors. In spite of this, it is becoming imperative that if the church is to be more relevant to the community, there is need for leadership training programs, which are contextually set within North America. The need to train incoming and/or pioneering pastors provides a further reason for such programs.
To address the issues above as well as others, The Redeemed Christian Church of God, North America has decided to set up a leadership institute to be known as The Redeemer’s Leadership Institute. This institute is registered in the State of Texas as a not for profit organization.
Mission and Purpose
The primary purpose of the institute is to develop Christian leaders capable of taking the church forward in the 21st century. This leadership institute will also engage inter-alia in:
- the training of potential leaders in order to equip them for leadership roles
- the training of leaders to train other leaders
- the training of leaders to adapt to a changing world
- the training of pastors for new and/or smaller parishes
- the training of new pastors on the societal, governmental and business issues impacting their church activities
- leveraging the existing leadership framework to create a more robust leadership structure and framework that strengthens relationships, love and unity
- the training of leaders to have a balanced spiritual cum secular pursuit
The leadership institute apart from the above will also emphasize the need to return to the established scriptural foundation for spiritual leadership built on the primary five fold ministry gifts of Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher.
To create an educational environment for developing leaders of influence and global impact for the 21st century. “That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works – 2 Timothy 3:17”.
Board of Directors
- Pastor James Fadele - Special Assistant to G.O, Chairman RCCGNA
- Tunde Badru - RLI Chairman
- Akin Tella - Regional Director (NAR - 1)
- Tola Oye - Regional Director (NAR - 3)
- Toun Fadugba - Regional Director (NAR - 2)
- Enefaa Korubo - Regional Director (NAR- 4)
- O. J. Kuye - Regional Director (NAR - 5,6,7)
- Sesan Kuforiji - Regional Registrar (NAR - 1 & 3)
- Femi Omotesho - Regional Registrar (NAR - 2 & 4)
- Roland Alabi - Regional Registrar (NAR 5,6, & 7)
- Lolade Ojomo - Marketing Director
- Debola Ajagunna - Operations Director
- Bimpe Ishola - Integration & Special Duty
- Sanya Adewusi - Finance Director